Choosing a Document Management System: A Guide
Having an organised working environment is essential for the success of a business practice given the current difficulties such as customers and clients expecting faster response in real time and increasingly burdensome regulatory obligations. Regardless of the size of the business organisation, handling documents manually is time-consuming. and often results in data loss and enlarged response times.
Although originally, it appears that the flow of documents can be managed, it’s not really possible with the constantly increasing volume of correspondence – and it is not just paper; there are electronic communications too. This is why businesses turn to digital document management systems to help automate the process of document management.
What is a document management system?
Document management software enables the organization to convert document file to digital storage, and enhance the ability to share all type of documents and information. Document management systems are essentially electronic filing cabinets your organization can use as a foundation for organizing all digital and paper documents. Any hard copies of documents can simply be uploaded directly into the document management system with a document scanner.
With the constantly changing requirements of a business, the nature and functionality of the document management application have grown. Early document management systems used to support only a limited number of file format, but now the software has developed enough to be able to support document verification of a plethora of digital formats.
In the export industry ,content management system are used for data management of export documentation.
Choosing a document management software application depends on several factors as it needs to fit in and be adaptable to the company structure and work culture.
For those who go that extra mile to exceed expectations, we present the KDOC Plus®. It has unique features like anytime-anywhere instant accessibility for your information and a central storage hub that is secure and safe.
Here are some of the most important factors to help you make the right decision:
Scanning – Scanning is an essential element in the business and most document management system provide the feature to scan documents. However, some systems take this further by providing the ability to recognize bar codes on the documents, to make it easier to both track and store the document information.
Accessibility – The documents, once saved in the system, can be accessed by not only the machine that was used to store it but also shared across multiple users and multiple devices – especially if the document management system is cloud-based.
Storage – Data management systems store documents conveniently on a server that can be in-house, or, if its a cloud-based system, the data is stored on a cloud server. Compared to manual storage, the servers can store huge numbers of documents, and this has the ability to free up significant amounts of office space which otherwise would have been required for storage. Efficient document management systems not only store documents but through micromanagement, can reduce the required space on the server by keeping track of user management activities and archiving data quality that is not likely to be required in the quick future.
Filing structure – Document management systems should be adaptable in terms of the filing structure to suit the needs of your business. If the structure is too stringent then it may not fit into your working practices and methodologies.
KDOC is a groundbreaking document management solution used by hundreds of companies. Serving customers for over 10 years, the software enables full-text indexing, metadata and templates. Additionally, the DMS key features are enriched by version control, document searching, internationalization support and multi-workspace. Simply, it’s the ultimate DMS. The fully-featured document management software works across different platforms.
Uniform File and folder Naming Conventions
• Automates naming and saving. Eliminates the behavior of file Save As dialog box
• Unique ID for each Document, No duplication
• Saves before working upon the files
One Point Storage & Quick Access
• Provides single location for storage of documents and templates
• Prevents saving of files into other locations except into KDOC® centralized repository
• Provides easy retrieval even in the absence of document formatting creator
Automated Record Management
• Segregates files into working, imported, archive, historical and branch documents
• Removes unnecessary clutter from the workspace enabling easy user access management.
Simplifies Tracking and retrieval system
• Auto assigns a unique number to each document and template
• Easily assign category to your respective documents
• KDOC® plus brings your manual files into system through scanning and save all your documents (like receipt, invoice, legal files etc.) in an organized way
• After digitizing your documents you can easily preserve your important files and indexed it and fetch the required files quickly and will not be lost forever
Maximum use of past experience
• Creates centralized repository of templates and knowledge documents
• Enables saving of a document as template with ease
• Enables publication and sharing of templates list across the organization
One place storing with restricted access: Document Security
• Provides data security , by prohibiting direct access control and copy of documents
• Access control system right mechanism provide you role-based permission
• Control your hard copy print out, emailing and downloading of files
Quick Standardized email communication
• Promotes creating and replying of emails from template making the process easier and faster for the user
Improves soft copy Management
• Creates list of documents and templates based on multiple parameters
Safe and secure email records
• Facilitates moving or copying of important emails into KDOC® Plus repository
• Facilitates bulk archiving of contact specific emails
Quick retrieval of Documents and templates
• Makes profiling compulsory - either automated or semi automated
• Enables record management for easy listing, sorting and retrieval
Ensures safety of documents and templates
• Enables incremental back up of all documents and templates
• Backup and restore is easier
• Back-up files stored at secured location and copying of back-up files not possible